2 SharesNo Comments
The 19th Annual MTN SA Music Awards entries are open and will close on November 30th 2012.
Entries are submitted by record companies, in accordance with the published South African Music Awards.
• Entries received are then screened for compliance with the aforementioned rules and also to ensure that the entries were submitted in the correct category. The purpose of this process, known as vetting, is to ensure that each entry is eligible and not at risk of disqualification. The various genre committees of the SA Music Awards Steering Committee perform this function. No artistic or technical judgments are made about entries at this stage.
• Entries into incorrect categories are recommended for placement in the appropriate or more appropriate categories during vetting, in consultation with the entering record company. Entries that do not comply with the rules are disqualified.
• All the categories in the awards, with the exception of the Public Vote, Lifetime Achievement, International Achievement and Best Selling categories, are adjudicated by a panel of judges. Generally speaking, there is a different panel for each category, but depending on the particular expertise of a judge, such a judge may serve on more than one panel. The panel of judges is reviewed annually. They are selected for their expertise in their respective fields.
• Entries are forwarded to the judges who adjudicate according to defined guidelines, applying the assessment criteria for each category, their expert knowledge of artists, music, the market and in general.
• In the interest of uniformity, judges are required to return results on “prescribed online forms”. Results are then collated into auditable sets.
• An independent firm of auditors calculates the results on which the list of nominees is based and certifies that such results have been arrived at in accordance with all relevant rules.
HOW TO ENTER?
Entry forms must be completed and submitted online at www.samusicawards.co.za and must be accompanied by:
• The prescribed number of copies of the entered album or DVD;
• Any other material required for the particular category (see check list on entry form); and
• The entry fee for each category.
• Proof of payment of the prescribed RiSA levies in respect of the entered album or DVD, if the entry was released by a member of RiSA.
All of the above must reach RiSA by no later than the published closing date of the competition, being November 30th 2012.
For those who are unable to enter online, there will be a help desk at the RiSA offices at Unit 2, 150 Bram Fischer Drive, Randburg.
The Awards Ceremony will take place at the Sun City Resort on the weekend of the 10th and 11th May 2013.